Every detail of this spectacular mansion has been meticulously restored and refurbished. From the state-of-the-art kitchen, formal entry hall, dining and living rooms with exquisite moldings and mantels, to the formal gardens and enviable terrace views, this home is unequaled in grandeur and comfort. Built in the early 1900’s for Senator Truxton Beale, it was designed by nationally renowned architect Arthur Brown, famous for his well-loved San Francisco landmarks: Coit Tower, City Hall and the War Memorial Opera House, as well as the Hoover Tower at Stanford University and the Federal Triangle, Washington, D.C.
- Classic Beaux Arts facade including 24 Doric columns, extensive balustrades, verandas, decks an a glorious oval loggia
- Two-plus acres of lushly landscaped grounds set with fountains and classic statuary on a private hilltop plateau location, with 360 degree views
- Dramatic gated entry to property with large parking area and easy access
- Grand entry hall and staircase
- Formal living room (20′ x 30′) and dining room (20′ x 25′) each with it’s own elegant fireplace, 12 ft. high ceilings, and adjoining terraces
- Formal library (11′ x 19′) with fireplace and built-in bookcases.
- Exquisite Master Suite with dressing room and fabulous master bath with black jacuzzi tub, black and gold portoro marble tub deck & vanity , double shower, limestone and marble floors.
Five additional bedrooms, three additional full baths, two half baths including:
- Separate Au Pair wing with kitchen and full bath
- Awe-inspiring kitchen with the very best amenities:
– green marble counters and island
– English-style cabinetry with etched glass
– French limestone floors
- Adjoining family room, informal dining area, half-bath and back entry
- Coatroom and half-bath powder room
- Exquisite detailing throughout: twelve-foot ceilings, lovely panel moldings, floor-to-ceiling French doors and windows
- The latest in computer-controlled technology in all systems: heating, lighting, water and security
- Basement wine cellar and extra storage
- Finished attic space with work-out / entertainment room
- Separate pool area and pool house, complete with kitchen and full bath
- Three car garage
For photo or film location, please call (415) 307-7744